- In 2022, 7 people lost their lives working in the construction sector in Ireland. Of these 7 construction fatalities, 5 of which related to working at height.
- In 2022, slipping or falling led to 286 work-related construction incidents. 38% of these were falls from height.
The HSA will begin a construction inspection campaign on Tuesday 6th June 2023 highlighting the need for vigilance to safety when working at heights. The two-week campaign will target both small and large construction sites.
During the campaign, the HSA will be inspecting construction sites to ensure employers and those self-employed in construction understand the risks associated with working at height and have put in place the appropriate control measures.
To ensure a safe working environment employers and self-employed should:
- carry out risk assessments for work at height activities and make sure all work is properly planned, organised and carried out by a competent person,
- chose the right work equipment and put in place measures to prevent falls (such as guard rails and working platforms).
- ensure all those working on construction site understand the risks and comply with safety systems
For your bespoke quote contact us on
056 7813220 or email email@example.com