This course is for those who have entered or are about to enter the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce, to help them understand the potential hazards that they face at work on site. It provides a practical summary of health and safety, welfare, and environmental issues, identifying an individuals’ responsibilities for looking after themselves and others, what the employer’s duties are and what should be done if they think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
The purpose of health and safety awareness training is to ensure that individual responsibilities are understood; why they are performing their identified duties and what is expected of them and to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
What is covered
- Understand the need to prevent accidents
- Have and understanding of Health & Safety Law
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site
- Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
- Report unsafe acts to prevent an accident